A.M. Architect is probably my favorite find in recent memory. The Road to the Sun hasn’t left my ears since I picked it up some months ago, and “Unspoken” should serve as reason enough.
Also heavy on today’s playlist:
- Tobacco - LA UTI
- Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence (“Lovebites & Razorlines” was the first song I heard this morning. Talk about a pleasant surprise.)
- Candy Claws - Anything last.fm randomizes. Another great find.
- Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star
- Thursday - War All the Time. I’ve had almost every song come up on my channel
- Armor for Sleep - What to Do When You Are Dead. Though I’ve rolled my eyes again and again at the concept of the record, it’s solid and has a lot of really good tracks on it.
Rufio’s “In My Eyes” just came on. Hello high school.
So Bonnaroo’s not on par with Coachella, but I’m still gonna look into heading down, at the very least, to cross off about a dozen bands I haven’t seen live yet. The Black Keys, Arcade Fire, Iron & Wine, Portugal. The Man, The Decemberists, Florence + The Machine, Deerhunter and Mumford & Sons were all pretty good bets from the get-go, but My Morning Jacket, The Strokes, Explosions in the Sky, Primus, Best Coast, The Walkmen, Cold War Kids, and !!! were all pleasant surprises to see hit the bill. Here’s the full line-up.
A BIG shout-out to last.fm for pulling together an AMAZING station all day. Good tunes from BMSR, Black Star, Rage, Mineral, and Cursive. Also discovered Rachael Cantu through some great, beautifully-sung acoustic songs.
On the photo sorting front, I’ve come across a few rolls that I thought were long gone, which got me itching to breathe some life back into my Deviantart page from years ago. Looks promising.
Currently Playing: Led Zeppelin - “Since I’ve Been Loving You”- arguably one of the greatest songs ever written. Not to mention probably the greatest chord change in history. The live cut from How The West Was Won put this on my “Songs I’d Give a Limb to See Live” list.